Yasuni Expedition – Tambococha
Traveling to the Amazon is to discover the rich biodiversity of the tropical rainforest. Most plant and animal species live within their mysterious virgin forests, protected in National parks such as Yasuni and Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve. Involved with the coexistence of the Kichwa Culture, through its Community Tourism Initiatives, in the Napo River Bank.
Sacha Ñampi community project belonging to the Kichwa commune “Alta Florencia” is located approximately 292 kilometers away by river from Puerto Francisco de Orellana (El Coca) city, and less than 10 kilometers from the border with Peru. This community has great tourism potential in natural, cultural and gastronomic resources.
During our tour you can meet different community tourism ventures of Kichwa culture that lives in Napo River profile until you reach the majestic Yasuni National Park where you will enjoy its pure landscape and the tranquility that the jungle offers us.
Requirements for the visit
- Thermal and waterproof sweater.
- Light clothes, pants and long-sleeved shirts, fine jacket.
- Cap and glasses with bra (for river navigation).
- Small comfortable backpack to carry while hiking in the jungle.
- Insect repellent.
- Rechargeable battery handheld flashlight
- Canteen or bottle to refill (drinking water is supplied all the time).
- Sun block.
- Battery photo camera
- Passport or identity card.
- Raincoat (poncho) and rubber boots are provided on loan
- Comply with all biosecurity and distancing protocols.
- Do not collect plant or animal species.
- Do not throw trash, or destroy the infrastructure or materials in the area.
- Keep silence and discipline in vulnerable bird habitats so that they can be observed
Tourist plan options + flights
Direct flights roundtrip from Quito to Yasuní + Complete tour Yasuní 3D/2N
At 07h00 in the morning the passengers will be received at the Fco de Orellana (Coca) land terminal or they will be received at the hotel where the passengers are staying, then we will go to enjoy a delicious breakfast, then we will take the course to the Fluvial dock of Fco de Orellana Marine to sail to Sacha Ñampi Lodge Yasuni, after 4 hours of fast boat ride we will arrive at Sacha Ñampi at 12 noon, after being received by the guide we will take the reserved cabins and at the same time we will taste a delicious lunch and in the afternoon we will be in touch with the flora and fauna of Yasuni to make a short walk in order to reconnect with the mother virgin forest of the Yasuni until we find the largest and longest trees in the Yasuni National Park. To end the day, after dinner we will be part of a cultural Kichwa event with dance as a welcome act.